Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bonjour Raspberry Card


Bonjour!  This is day three of "Berry Week" here at Busy with the Cricky.  Today's card is going to make all of you non-Cricut Circle members wish that you too had joined the Circle!   I used two cartridges to create this card, Preserves for the raspberries, and French Manor, the first Cricut Circle exclusive cartridge, for the base card and lattice cuts.

French Manor has a lot of lovely European decor cuts, but also a wonderful selection of cards.  I really liked the lattice cut (above in medium pink) and was thrilled to discover that there is a lattice cut card!  I cut the base card in black and gray diamond print cardstock.  I then cut the lattice in medium pink and the lattice border in a pink print.  Using glue, I layered the pieces together.

As I stated above, the raspberries were cut using Preserves (which is perfect for Berry Week).  I cut the base layer in a hot pink cardstock, then used Copic markers to color the stems.  I cut the leaves in a lime green and again used Copics to add detail to the leaves.  And the berry tops were cut in this great pink-on-pink print.  I used a cat's eye ink around the edges of the berries before placing them on the card with pop dots.

The bonjour tag was created by layering an adhesive backed cardstock sticker to a circle of printed cardstock.  I used a hole punch and added ribbon to finish the tag.

I thought you might like to see the side view of the card.  I lined the inside of the card with white cardstock.  If I were to make this same card again, I would probably choose a light pink to line the inside of the card.

I hope you will be back tomorrow for another berry project!

0 comments:

Post a Comment